Owner supplied materials
- Prior to installation, the resident should move the following items to a room not having flooring installed - all clothing, plants, electronic equipment, and small items. The installers will move furniture and boxes.
- PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE CASH OR JEWELRY IN THE RESIDENCE.
- For any pool tables moved, pool tables will need professional leveling after being moved back.
- For any pianos moved, pianos will need to be re-tuned after being moved back.
- All items on the closet floors must be moved to an area not carpeted.
- All breakables (knick-knacks, small items, pictures, etc.) must be moved to a room not having flooring installed.
- All beds should be stripped of linens and ready to move. All special beds and/or frames must be disassembled and reassembled by the resident (i.e. waterbeds, brass beds, canopy beds, wrought iron beds, etc.)
- All aquariums must be moved to a room not having flooring installed.
- All items on freestanding bookshelves, entertainment centers, tables, etc., must be moved by the owner.
- Electronics must be unplugged and disconnected prior to install.
- Gas stoves and gas appliances must be removed by homeowner and/or certified contractor.
- Homeowners are responsible for any appliances to be reattached to water lines, gas lines, etc. We are not responsible for damage due to improperly reset appliances or toilets.
- Paintings, pictures, clocks, and other items on walls need to be securely attached or removed.
- Any delicate heirlooms, breakable belongings, or furniture (antiques, lacquer finish, etc) need to be moved by the owner.
- All warranties on material come from the manufacturer and all material claims must go through the manufacturer.
- Once a deposit has been made and the materials ordered, a cancellation fee will be charged to send the materials back to the manufacture. Usually, this is a 25% restocking fee and shipping charge.
- Materials cannot be returned after 30 days.
- If a large project takes longer than anticipated, we will finalize each project of the invoice as it is completed.
Materials purchased outside of a professional flooring store are almost always of a lesser quality. In some cases, we will install owner supplied materials, but we cannot offer any warranty on the entire installation. The owner accepts the responsibility to pay additional costs if additional labor or supplies are required.
Leveling will be required for any wood, laminate, vinyl or tile plank installations. The charge is $45 per bag of leveling. Until the old flooring has been removed, it is impossible to predict how much leveling will be required.
If a second flooring product is discovered after removing the top floor covering, additional charges apply to remove the second flooring product.
If design changes occur after the initial agreement and installation is scheduled, we reserve the right to charge a minimum service fee of $75.
Once a project is completed, and the installer leaves the premises, we reserve the right to draft the original form of payment for any balance due unless payment was already provided to the office, installer or AFWC representative.
This is a basic disclaimer that covers the most common, but not all, concerns and costs that occur during installations. Every installation is unique because each product and space is different. We do our best to provide a quality installation in a timely manner. Every project is important to our team!